Thursday, September 13, 2018


    Apart from yesterdays posts it has been almost 5 years since I have written anything for this blog. It is not that I haven’t been writing, just that I have been writing differently. I feel it is time to get back and here are just a few things I dream, and just maybe what I think it means to dream of Tuscany.
  
    When I dream of Tuscany, I dream of Merli balanced on a wire outside my window discussing the news of their day. Perched as they do, above the soft silvery green of the olive trees, the hot morning sun tossing dust motes in the air. I dream of the narrow roads that take me into worlds never discovered before. Pockets of time standing still, scattered over the landscape like dusty memories within a vast chaotic mind. I dream that it is possible to enjoy a goblet of wine and a plate of salumi, without fear of judgement. I dream of a simpler life, one where the only demands are those of the sun and wind. Could it be a reality? Ever?
   
    I dream we have halted high upon a mountain just past the church and village square because a parade is headed our way. We are stationary forever until we pull the car to the side and we exit to watch. For this isn’t your everyday parade, no. There is the priest. His flock really does consist of goats, and sheep and sure enough there are geese, waddling among the children as if they were kids themselves. And we must join, because the geese are getting out of line and need rescuing from the tall grass, but it is ok, for the day will last forever and all the villagers are there and happy. We have nowhere to be other than that moment so what better dream could there be?
How about the one I have where the sea whispers its own urges within the caves upon the rocky coast. Telling us that the world is not what we think. Where its mothers warm silky touch has us floating among clouds and dreaming dreams within dreams and as the sultry sun flares into the liquid crystal, we believe that life is forever.
   
    When I dream of Tuscany I dream there is future with a very present past. I dream that there is an is to this life; that it isn’t just made of ifs. I dream that there is empathy for the living. That what so many take for granted her is the real truth there. That upon the rise of the sun we can be who we believe we are and trust that the dustbin of our minds will be emptied of trash and filled with memories of love life and forgiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment