Sunday, April 25, 2010

All kinds of fuzzy, but lots of hair though!!

I had a lot of fun when I lived in Italy and this was one of those fun things. Playing in the band. Crowds were never that big except when we played the amphitheater in Florence, that was a good size crowd. What a fun show, to be on stage outdoors in an old Roman structure, to be making noise where others, albeit dressed in togas, may have done similar. Unfortunately I have no photo's of that, the individual responsible for the camera passed out in the car!
We played these venues which were essentially state owned property which was taken over by these anarchists. Pretty wild the parties they used to throw, never really understood what they were doing, looking for free rent I suppose. There was this one place out near Pisa I think, an old castle. The stage was set about ten feet off the ground, we had to climb up a ladder in the back, crawl through a tiny sound room until you emerged onto the fifteen by eighteen foot stage. I didn't understand why until we started playing. I have never seen people slam dance to the blues and have never seen it since. Slam dancing. The violence with which these people threw themselves and each other around was rather amazing and rather scary. It became clear as to why the high stage was needed. That was an entertaining gig to say the least.
Like the spurs?

1 comment: